Dove Chamsa Ketubah
Ketubah with Reform Hebrew and English text around "Chamsa II" featuring a dove, rainbow, and the seven species of the land of Israel, filled with Shir HaShirim/Song of Songs, Birkat HaBayit/Blessing for the Home, & the Sh'ma.
Be sure to fill out the Ketubah Contract Text Info Form so your order can be finalized!
The chamsa is a Middle Eastern symbol that crosses many cultures, including Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Bedouin, and more. It has as many interpretations for its exact meaning as there are people, but common ones include being the “Hand of Miriam,” the “Hand of Fatima,” the “Hand of Mary,” an amulet that protects against the evil eye, a symbol of symmetry and balance in life, among others. It’s an open hand with five fingers (the word “chamsa” comes from the Arabic for “five”) and often has other symbols inside it.
This piece features the Seven Species of the Land of Israel (pomegranates, grapes, dates, olives, figs, wheat, barley), which represent fertility and plenty, as well as a dove, a symbol for peace; a rainbow, the sign of God’s covenant with humanity; a Star of David, a symbol of the Jewish people’s strength; and an eye, designed similarly to the Middle Eastern charm to ward off the Evil Eye. All the symbols come together to create a beautiful work of art to bless the home in which it hangs.
- Ketubah Text: your choice: Reform/Egalitarian, Conservative/Lieberman, Orthodox, B'rit Ahuvim/modern, Interfaith, Anniversary/Renewal, or Other
- Micrography Text: Shir HaShirim/Song of Songs, Birkat Habayit/Blessing for the Home, & the Sh'ma
- Size: 16"x20"
- Made-To-Order Timeframe: Avg 2-4 weeks; will be ready to ship 5-10 business days after all details for the blanks are finalized & proof image is confirmed by the customer
If you don't have all the information for the blanks today, you'll need to fill out the Ketubah Contract Text Info Form before proofs can be created.
- Date of the wedding (and whether it's before or after sunset)
- Location of the wedding
- Couple's names (Hebrew & English) and gendered language preferences
- Couple's parents' names (Hebrew & English)
Ketubah texts are available to be formatted around almost any RaeAn Designs micrography artwork; use the Contact form to inquire!
This design is also available as a standalone signed/numbered 11"x14" print, as an unnumbered 8"x10" mini-print, or as a 4"x6" greeting card.
We Also Recommend
Greeting Card: Mazel Tov / Shehechiyanu Micrography - Blue/Teal or Purple/Pink