Pomegranates I - Psalms 1-18 Micrography Print (11"x14")
Pomegranates are highly symbolic fruits in Judaism. Their plethora of seeds makes them a symbol of fertility, and many women trying to conceive will decorate their homes with pomegranates as good omens. The rabbis claim that the average fully-ripe pomegranate has 613 seeds — the same number of commandments we have in the Torah.
I like to think that when Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden, the fruit they ate was a pomegranate — as they consumed it, they took on the knowledge of the world around them that bound their descendants to the responsibility of keeping those 613 mitzvot.
- Text: Psalms 1-18
- Size: 11"x14"
- Recommended Framing: 16"x20"
- Language: Hebrew
- Art Type: Print, Signed & Numbered with optional personalized inscription
- Other Formats with the Same or Similar Designs:
- (Similar design) Greeting Card - 4"x6"
- (Single pomegranate) Small 6"x8" Art Print
The original of this piece may still be available. Use the Contact form inquire.
We Also Recommend
Todah Rabbah / Thank You Micrography Print (8"x10")